R&D Engineer II Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 285085
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
ENGINEER II, R&D
- Develops products, materials, processes, or equipment for complex systems under limited supervision/guidance.
- Independently compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- Technical Engineer responsible for supporting new product development and sustaining activities relating to imaging products
- Identify, develop and test image/video processing algorithms to display or enhance endoscopic real-time video streams
- Identify, develop and evaluate optical systems including imagers and lens for imaging applications
- Identify, develop and evaluate electronic designs including integration with single use devices
- Evaluate design changes relating to imaging products for technical and safety efficacy
- Provide guidance for product design and testing that will comply with electrical safety standards
- Develop and execute test methods for design verification
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineers to develop opto-electromechanical design solutions
- Provide electronic and system level troubleshooting of prototype devices to aid product development
- Work as a "hands-on" Engineer in performing troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Conduct feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality or to assess existing technologies
- Solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations
- Design and implement test methods and equipment to support product development
- Summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from complex test results
- Prepare complex reports and communicate results to technical community
- Consistently generate innovative and unique solutions to market needs and submit idea disclosures
- Responsible for engineering documentation
- Work cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on complex projects to ensure project success
- Successfully completes complex engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials or products, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation
- Demonstrate PDP/TDP system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables
- BS in Engineering or related technical field; MS preferred
- 3 years of engineering work experience (medical device field preferred)
- Design of analog and digital electronics including PCB design
- Working knowledge of image/video processing
- Working knowledge of optical systems (illumination and imaging)
- Electronic troubleshooting, including use of standard measurement equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes)
- Familiar with IEC 60601 standards
- Software/Programming: MATLAB, C++, Altium or OrCad, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office Suite
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Product Development, Engineering, Research