R&D Engineer - RF and mmW Hardware
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/15/2017
Santa Rosa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition :
Job Title :
R&D Engineer - RF and mmW Hardware
Keysight is the world's leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This job will be part of the Communications Solutions Group, which is responsible for Keysight's portfolio in the Wireless Data Ecosystem, including wireless devices, operators, internet infrastructure, and Aerospace & Defense. Our software-centric solutions accelerate our customers' time to market and reduce their costs - giving them a competitive advantage in today's and tomorrow's technology waves.
Your responsibilities will include developing a variety of RF/microwave/millimeter and analog circuitry depending on project needs. Designs could cover amplifiers, filters, interface and control circuits, phase lock loops, fast switching attenuators, low noise/low distortion front ends, broadband baluns, low distortion multipliers, high power broadband outputs, low phase noise VCOs, and frequency conversion covering frequencies from DC to V, W, E bands. Additionally, you will implement product measurement functions, assist in instrument architecture decisions with senior engineers, assist with vendor and component selection, and troubleshoot problems partnering with other functional areas. Accomplishing your design goals will require the use of simulation, schematic capture and layout tools.
BS or MS Degree or equivalent in EE
* Demonstrated ability to design microwave, millimeter wave and RF circuits (via work experience, lab work or simulation)
* Familiarly with Advanced Design Simulation (ADS) a plus
* Comfortable using Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers and Signal Sources to measure/debug a design
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team
* Strong oral & written communication skills
Experience and Skills:
* A solid educational foundation in analog electronic circuit design and high frequency transmission line concepts
* Experience with RF/uW/mmW/analog circuit analysis and design, CAD schematic tools, circuit simulation tools, and design evaluation
* Ability to evaluate alternative circuit approaches and reduce the most appropriate to practice
* Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts in both written and oral form
* Measurement experience in one or more of the following areas: signal analyzers, signal generators, I/Q generation, time domain analysis, and vector network analysis
* Knowledge of communication systems, time and frequency domain analysis including architectural tradeoffs and partitioning impacts
* Experience with Baseband through RF/ Microwave/Millimeter measurement systems
* Commitment to excellence, dedication, team player, self-motivation, and good communication skills
Additional Desired Skills:
* Experience in RF/Microwave/Millimeter design
* Experience in block diagram design for up converter & down converter type products
* Knowledge /experience with DSP, digital, and programmable logic design
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws..