This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Looking for an experienced Linux Kernel/Firmware Engineer for our Santa Clara, CA, office to work on ARMv8 based high-performance server platforms. Person identified will have to be adept at troubleshooting and finding solutions to problems independently and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. In this position, you may find issues that span Linux Kernel and the firmware components, OS stacks and you should be comfortable working on any of them.
Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
* Define the Firmware/SW architecture and contribute to the ARM SW standards & echo system development
* Develop Firmware/Linux kernel/middleware component design specifications
* Lead development of Firmware/kernel modules for an ARMv8 processor based platform
* Contribute to SW architecture and development of SW modules/interfaces related to Server/platform management, power management, interfacing with BMC and the Firmware
* Contribute to the development of platform RAS SW architecture
* Contribute to the functional and integration validation & bring up
* Participation in Pre/Post-Silicon development and validation activities
* Processor/SoC bring up and SDK/BSP development in bare-metal development environment
Typically requires a BSEE/BSCS degree and 12+ years of experience, an MSEE/MSCS degree and 9+ years of experience or equivalent. Applicant must have significant experience in several of the following:
* Linux kernel and kernel module development
* Linux driver development
* Experience with AARCH64 platforms
* Linux distribution development/management and experience working with eco system partners and distributions
* Working experience with UEFI, ACPI, PSCI, IPMI
* Working knowledge of IO interfaces such as PCIe, SATA, USB, RAID controllers and SmartNICs
* Cross-compiling & porting
* UNIX shell scripting & rapid prototyping
* Strong C language programming skills
* Experience in pre-silicon SW development/validation on RTL emulators like Palladium
* Familiarity with Architecture and Assembly language programming(ARM/x86/MIPS)
* Comfortable working close to hardware and in bare-metal environment - both chip level and board level.
* Ability to understand board schematics and debug hardware interface issues with logic analyzers, JTAG probes and protocol tracers
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent debugging, profiling and performance optimizing skills
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.