R&D Engineer, Sr Staff
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 1/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe FPGA Synthesis department at Synopsys is looking for an experienced software developer. The Synplify Pro and Synplify Premier synthesis products deliver superior quality of results (QoR), turnaround time, and hierarchical flows for large FPGA designs. Our customers are designing implementation FPGAs as well as FPGAs for ASIC/SOC prototypes.
This is the ideal role for you if:
* You are thoroughly familiar technology mapping, and optimizations to improve timing and area.
* You understand the interaction between logic synthesis and place-and-route.
* You are excited about good software engineering practices and about optimizing algorithms to reduce runtime.
* You are a leader who works across multiple teams and who likes to mentor junior engineers.
* You have familiarity with logic synthesis solutions targeting FPGA technologies from vendors such as Xilinx and Altera.
* You enjoy designing new features, flows and enhancements to current features.
* You are experienced in reviewing requirements and writing implementation specifications.
In this role you will be interacting with the testing team, assisting other developers in the team to produce quality software on schedule along with helping to resolve customer issues.
* BS in CS/EE with at least 10+ years of relevant experience, MS with at least 8 years of relevant experience, or related Ph.D. with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
* Experience with logic synthesis techniques for FPGAs or ASICs.
* Knowledge of placement and routing techniques.
* Experience with commercial software development.
* Experience in development of software projects.
* Experience developing software in C/C++, with a strong background in data structures and algorithm development.
* Knowledge of Verilog or VHDL.
* Knowledge of Agile software development processes is a plus. Experience with Scrum preferred.
* Knowledge of FPGA hardware design is a plus.
* Ability to motivate engineers, to arbitrate between conflicting demands, and to deliver quality software on time.