R&D Info Systems Analyst III - DSPH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide application and operational support to the Drug Safety and Public Health Department. Must be familiar with the Drug Safety applications; i.e. Argus, ArisG, Clintrace, Empirica, etc. Experience using SQL is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Fluent in Japanese (ability to read and write)
* With limited guidance, may lead a small team in the development and maintenance of business applications.
* Provides direction to junior staff using established policies and standard methodologies.
* May investigate project feasibility, prepare project cost and benefit estimates, estimates project resource needs for staff and consultants.
* Configures and develops computer applications and solutions by using analytical functional specifications and interpreting system design specifications.
* During system implementation and change management, may support, test, and refine application configurations to align with business process needs.
* Coordinates infrastructure requirements with IT peers.
* Works with business and IT partners to enhance applications to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
* Prepares program-level and user-level documentation.
* Assists with definition of overall system architecture.
* Assists with software configuration management, introduction and training.
* Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple work activities to meet project deadlines; Identifies and documents business processes for assigned work activities.
* Can work directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the problem root cause and customer s comfort level with application.
* Can assess more complex problems including those escalated by junior staff.
Broad knowledge of Pharmacovigilance Database (e.g. ARISg, Argus).
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge Requirements: Extensive understanding and application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Advance knowledge of other related disciplines. May provide on-the-job guidance to others.
* Problem Solving: Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
* Discretion/ Latitude: Works under limited direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed periodically upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
* Impact: Contributes to the completion of specific programs, projects or responsible for individual business targets. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources or loss of sales. Liaison (Internal & External Influence): Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
* 5+ years of systems analyst experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferably in Drug Safety
* B.S. degree or equivalent
* Understands relational databases and BI reporting tools (Cognos Report Studio preferred). Experience in SQL is preferred.
* Extensive understanding and application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Advance knowledge of other related disciplines. May provide on-the-job guidance to others.
* Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :