R&D Manager I (Data Science Group Leader) 9/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Bio-Rad is seeking a Natural Language Processing (NPL)/Machine Learning (ML) scientist to lead an elite data science team responsible for creating innovative tools, methods and best practices around the scientific literature. The ideal candidate cares deeply about developing and implementing solutions that dramatically improve one's ability to integrate and quantify knowledge extracted from millions of scientific publications.
What you ll be doing:
* provide day-to-day oversight and management of the date science staff and activities
* collaborate with scientists and other business partners
* handle competing requests from a range of data customers
* lead by example through ideation, prototyping and testing
* develop best practices that provide results of the highest quality above that which is typically seen in academia and industry
* identify opportunities to blend article, technology, product metrics with internal and external data assets
* provision interactive text analytics visualizations
* build analytics prototypes and demos for end users
* provide thought leadership, provide strategic road map for text mining of scientific literature and how the literature fits into our intelligence landscape, supports new product development, business development, complements existing instrument software and potentially directly faces external customers
* building date pipelines for processing natural language text at scale
* developing front-end tools and interfaces (e.g. notification and alert systems, dashboard reports) for internal clients to view and interact with processed data
* stay up to speed on state of the art methods for efficient text processing
What you need for this role:
* MS or PhD in Computer Science, math, statistics or related field
* 10+ years text mining and machine learning
* prior experience managing and coaching deeply technical staff inan agile environment
* prior experience with Search, machine learning and other text mining methodologies
* knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Question Answering, Text Mining, Information Retrieval, Distributional Semantics, and/or Discourse Modeling
* knowledge of National Library of Medicine, PubMed,PubMed Central, and Medical Index Subject Headings and related scientific literature tools and resources
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.