R&D Manager I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
What you ll be doing:
* Direct the Research and Development group involved in the development of HPLC based in vitro diagnostic applications for the clinical laboratory.
* Collaborate with project management, marketing, and other functional groups in representing the R&D department on new product development project teams.
* Contribute to development of project plans, determine the scientific approaches to meet design input requirements.
* Plan and review the R&D activities necessary to achieve the project goals within the time and budget constraints of the project plan.
* Write detailed technical reports and present technical data at internal and external meetings.
* Maintain knowledge of scientific literature in relevant technical areas and apply this knowledge to the challenges presented in bringing new products to market on time and on budget.
* Implement effective training and development plans for staff.
What you need for this role:
* PhD in Chemistry or Life Sciences is preferred. MS is acceptable as a minimum in combination with adequate work history that demonstrates the candidate possesses the targeted expert knowledge and skills.
* 8+ years of experience in a life sciences or clinical diagnostics research and development organization.
* Experience with in vitro diagnostics new product development under QSR is strongly preferred.
* Extensive experience in HPLC method development and optimization in an FDA regulated environment, with a good understanding of methods for statistical design of experiments.
* Hands on familiarity with automated clinical analytical instrumentation, HPLC experience preferred.
* A background in immunoassay development in addition to the required core HPLC experience is a plus.
* Expertise in HPLC method development, immunoassay development, expert level understanding of data analysis tools and methods used in conjunction with HPLC technology.
* Leadership skills, with proven ability to lead 4-8 technical staff.
* Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in projects that involve multiple development sites and multidisciplinary teams.
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.