R&D Manager II Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONR&D MANAGER II - PI DIVISION
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. In the Interventional Oncology (IO) franchise within the Peripheral Intervention division, we design devices used by interventional radiologists in minimally invasive image-guided procedures. Our products include embolization coils, embolic particles, microcatheters, guidewires, ablation systems, and drainage catheters. We are innovating in interventional oncology and have launched multiple new technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an R&D Manager II in our Interventional Oncology (IO) franchise within the Peripheral Interventions divison. This R&D Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Driving functional excellence in IO R&D
- Developing and supporting critical business strategies in interventional oncology space
- Outlining and supporting IO R&D activities on numerous business-critical projects covering product development , technology development and exploratory work
- Hiring and developing world-class staff to provide technical leadership to multiple R&D projects
- Providing a customer-focused voice to IO strategies and IO R&D by fostering customer relationships WW
Manager for multiple product lines, technologies or specialized functions. Devotes a significant portion of their time to managerial, leadership and staff development responsibilities.
- Drives functional excellence initiatives, delivers high quality functional deliverables, and ensures technical excellence for product or technical development.
- Provides significant guidance and approval regarding technical strategies and approaches.
- Owns intellectual property development for multiple product lines, technologies or specialized functions.
- Provides guidance and training to staff, assists subordinates in attaining career goals, motivates individuals to achieve results, and recruits and maintains a high quality staff.
- Supports the development of strategic plans through customer engagement and internal collaboration with franchise
- Develops and monitors department budgets.
- Determines appropriate staff levels, schedules and resources.
- Provides an overview of the function and role of his/her group, technical skill sets, to other groups and/or divisions.
- Works cross-functionally in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Drives and evaluates project and department progress, technical development plans, and results.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- Bachelor's degree plus 7-9 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven project management or technical leadership in medical device design
- Robust technical skills with proven application on projects
- Ability to interface with customers to gather insight
- Experience with implantable medical device product development.
- Mechanical Engineering and/or Materials Science background desirable
- Experience integrating DFSS tools & Lean Product Development concepts
- Understanding of risk management tools and requirements for medical device product development.
- Key leadership traits expected for this role include: being an independent thinker, ability to guide/lead other team members, strong communication skills, and ability to take calculated risks
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Engineer, Risk Management, Manager, R&D Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Finance, Management