R&D/Product Development Engineer (Hybrid & Electric Mobility Solutions)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
TE Connectivity has a Product Development Engineer opportunity available in Troy, Michigan within the Automotive Business Unit. This role will support the HEMS (Hybrid & Electric Mobility Solutions) team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Developing new design solutions or adapting and reconfiguring existing product designs for use in new applications.
* Work closely with the customer and more senior engineers in solving connector and cable assembly routing and packaging challenges.
* Adapting and reconfiguring existing product designs for performance, enhancements, manufacturability improvements, and cost reduction efforts.
* Communicating product performance requirements through the use of production drawings, application specifications, and performance specifications.
* Engineering control of product related documentation via the engineering change system.
* Determining and communicating product test requirements.
* Work closely with the new product launch teams and the final manufacturing location to ensure smooth launch and transition of products into the production facility.
* BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Required
* 3 5 years of engineering experience
* Knowledge of automotive industry in either OEM, Tier 1 or Tier 2 levels
* Working level knowledge of automotive connector and / or cable assembly design and manufacturing processes
* Some background in design for manufacturability associated with manual assembly processes is a plus
* Product design / development experience is preferred
* Strong computer skills in typical Office suite
* CAD experience in Pro/E / CREO preferred and NX experience is a plus
* Effective problem solving skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
* Ability to manage multiple products/projects with attention to detail
* Periodic travel is required depending on project needs