R&D Portfolio Manager-Dannon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
The Dannon Company, Inc.
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONDanone North America Inc, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a R&D Portfolio Manager-Dannon in the United States (US) for White Plains
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
DRIVING PROJECT AND PORTFOLIO EXCELLENCE
As Danone Noram portfolio manager you will drive a step change in the project portfolio management culture and organization across the North American zone and across all functions. You will anchor a successful project portfolio management process, 'a dynamic process... through which we monitor the portfolio to ensure that it aligns with and delivers our strategy... select the priorities that will yield the highest return on investment... through optimal resource allocation'.
This position reports to: R&D Director Portfolio Management North America
* The portfolio management position is critical to deliver the strategic objectives through organizational effectiveness in project portfolio management within the zone. It requires efficient start-up by designing, implementing and reviewing key structures, processes and tools for project portfolio management excellence.
* The portfolio manager will design, implement and review key structures, processes and tools for project portfolio management excellence. The portfolio manager will, on an ongoing basis, provide critical analysis on the project portfolio to ensure its alignment with the strategic objectives and to facilitate effective priority setting and resource allocation. The PM will be supporting RnD Director Portfolio Management North America in managing project portfolio review sessions and building relevant score cards for the business. The portfolio manager will work closely with the cross functional team (the Project Management Officer and the Project Managers).
3.Scope of the function
* Danone NORAM Portfolio
* Management of many interfaces (R&D, PMO, OPP, Finance, Quality and Top Line)
* Proximity to the top management Danone Noram
* Animate networks (eg. Goose, Portfolio Management), participate to networks (eg. uDRIVE)
4.Example of KPI
* Project management process evaluation scores / user satisfaction
* Quality of analysis: accuracy and effectiveness for decision taking
* Quality of stakeholders interface: proactivity, answer to the needs, communication
* Capacity to get commitment on a recommendation
* Project Leaders trained to Goose methodology
* Projects fully compliant with gates validation
* Projects applying Goose methodology
5.Main functional relationship
* R&D Danone Dairy Noram, PMO, OPP, Finance, Quality and Top Line: from directors to project leaders. Global R&D Process and Governance teams and portfolio management networks.
* Degree in Engineering, Food Science or closely related field
* 8-10 years' experience in a related field, preferably CPG Industry
* Excellent project management/organization and leadership skills
* Excellent business acumen and cross-functional career track record
* Excellent cross-functional verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent excel skills, proficient computer skills
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you*
57405.Experience: Experienced professionals
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, R&D Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering, Management, Technology