R&D/Product Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
This position is for our LSA Laser business located in Plymouth, Minnesota.
The R&D/Development Engineer is responsible for designing and programming to create processes for computer-aided manufacturing and to assist in the production of product.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Define new equipment needs
- Procure or design and build new equipment to meed processing needs
- Review/approve DCO's
- Assist or conduct transition product/process development
- Use lab notebooks to record transition process data and observations
- Validate processes
- Review process changes for validation requirements
- Develop tooling
- Modify processes
- Monitor and maintain in-process jobs
- Resolve job-related issues promptly in a manner that promotes harmony and aligns with the company objectives and goals
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve the business and perform other duties as needed
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent work experience in Laser or standard machining processing, tool design, programming
- Experienced with computer hardware/software applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to implement solutions
- Proficiency with measuring tools
- Good knowledge of Laser capabilities and processing
- Ability to direct and train operators and technicians
- Ability to plan and implement projects
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet customer needs and company goals
- Ability to comprehend and implement innovative concepts