R&D Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Endologix develops and manufactures minimally invasive treatments for aortic disorders. We offer a dynamic, growth environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and a challenging, fulfilling experience in a fast-paced, growing company. Medical device professionals have the opportunity to develop and further their careers in a dynamic company that features the latest innovations in endovascular aneurysm repair and sealing.
Job Scope and Purpose:
The Program Manager (PM) has the responsibility of partnering closely with cross functional project and business teams to ensure project scope, timeline and activities remain connected and coordinated are consistently communicated across the organization. The PM actively drives aligned priorities and facilitates execution to achieve business objectives.
* Leads cross-functional teams in achieving assigned projects/programs in compliance with Quality System requirements.
* Leads planning efforts to develop project scope, project contract and schedule in conjunction with the project team to achieve the project goals. Translates objectives and preliminary plan into a detailed project management timeline. Identifies critical path and project risks. Develops contingency plans. Works with technical team leader to develop budgets in line with the plan.
* Identifies and drives resolution of issues /schedule slippages. Identifies potential bottlenecks. Facilitates alignment between the project and business teams
* Manages project execution to achieve project and business requirements through monitoring project contract adherence and proactively addressing issues to minimize their impact to project scope, schedule and cost. Develops/tracks/maintains activity timelines to support key tasks, activities, decisions, deliverables and milestones.
* Develops and maintains project and resource allocation schedules, manages design control documentation and DHF, and assists in the coordination of cross-functional execution. Assesses resource allocations and as needed makes recommendation to the appropriate functions to reallocate resources as required for issue resolution
* Continuously monitors and manages plan to optimize efficient execution. Captures and reports on project performance measures and key metrics. Identifies capacity requirement plan and communicates any gaps on current allocations
* Schedules and leads the Phase and Design Reviews and publishes associated documents, working with the project team to prepare agenda and materials
* Ensures project activities are connected and coordinated and may maintain alignment between multiple projects within the program/portfolio
* Facilitates effective communications with project team, business team and management. This includes timely, unbiased communication of project status and issues.
* Identifies, manages and efficiently communicates program progress and status, including changes in project scope or timeline.
* Facilitates communications and prepares presentations for management updates. Conducts project updates with management in a professional manner.
* Facilitates cross-functional and cross-project communications and coordination within the team and across functions / support areas.
* Participates in development, implementation, and continuous improvement of project management tools in accordance with Quality System requirements and for refinement of the PDP process.
* Captures/disseminates best practices for product development across project teams.
* Drive continuous improvement of process from project-to-project and across the portfolio.
* Develops / shares tools to enhance team performance.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or a science discipline; Masters and/or MBA preferred. PMP certification preferred.
* Minimum of seven years of relevant experience with Endovascular products, medical device development or other highly regulated industries. Experience with FDA, ISO, GMP and design control regulation. Experience in successfully leading projects or programs.
Endologix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.