- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
R&D Software Engineer - College Hire
Job Title :
R&D Software Engineer - College Hire
Keysight is the world's leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This job will be part of the Communications Solutions Group, which is responsible for Keysight's portfolio in the Wireless Data Ecosystem, including wireless devices, operators, internet infrastructure, and Aerospace & Defense. Our software-centric solutions accelerate our customers' time to market and reduce their costs - giving them a competitive advantage in today's and tomorrow's technology waves.
Santa Rosa, in the heart of California s wine country, is the Keysight Technologies headquarters. This position is in the Digital Photonics sampling scopes R&D team located in Santa Rosa, developing new features and measurements that are key to designing/validating/manufacturing the chips and optical devices that are the backbone of datacenters and telecom centers that form the Internet infrastructure. Our customers are on the leading edge of delivering innovative new services, in the cloud, or wirelessly over the air.
In this position, you will develop software for our world-leading sampling oscilloscopes. Software engineering opportunities span high level application development for analysis and visualization to run on Windows-based instruments or external PC s. The position involves developing in C#/Managed C++ on Windows operating systems and controlling advanced measurement hardware.
Be part of a team that creates the software architecture, infrastructure, control algorithms, measurements, and applications. In this position, you will be able to learn and gain expertise in every level of a robust architecture, and become a leader in evolving many facets of it. The position involves the full software lifecycle of requirements capture, investigation, product definition, design, implement, test, production and maintenance.
You will work with manufacturing and software engineers in other geographies world-wide. You will have direct customer and Keysight field/application engineer contact, helping them to best utilize our world-leading measurement capability while gaining a clear view of the value of your work to real people in need of real measurement solutions.
Come join our team!
BS or MS Degree in CS, CE, or EE with SW emphasis, or equivalent experience
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design and UML
* Strong understanding of Windows OS; processes, threads, accounts
* Experience in C/C++/C#, XML
* Proficient in building, testing, and debugging software
* Desire to work with world-wide groups and across teams of engineers to achieve objectives
* Good organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* BS, MS or PhD Degree in CS, CE, EE with SW forte, or equivalent experience
* Windows Driver Development Experience
* Proficient with electronic test equipment
* Understanding of oscilloscope and/or RF/microwave measurement hardware and hardware control
* Experience with MSDN, VS .NET, C# and .NET Remoting
* Experience with software planning, tracking, and quality management
. Experience with digital signal processing and communication knowledge
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws..