R&D Technician III Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Interventional Cardiology (IC) we design, develop, and produce technologies for diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Myocardial Infarction. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Drug-Eluting Stents, Bare-Metal Stents, Catheters, Balloons, Guide Wires, Coronary Atherectomy and Coronary Intravascular Ultrasound. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Interventional treatments.
The employee will be working in teams developing new products working with designs, materials, processes, and equipment with minimal supervision. Working with the team and independently the employee will engage in project tasks executing experiments, analyzing data, developing prototypes, and working toward establishing test methods.
R&D TECHNICIAN III
Assist R&D engineers, scientists, and/or teams in the development and analysis of products, materials, processes, and equipment. This position requires an extensive knowledge base and a high degree of independence.
- Execute assigned tasks for project deliverables.
- Develop solutions and contribute to initial design, testing, and process concepts.
- Construct prototype products and/or detailed test methods from concepts.
- Organize, coordinate, and execute testing of prototypes/materials with minimal engineering guidance.
- Develop new test methods and/or make revisions to existing test methods.
- Coordinate procuring and qualification of new or modified test equipment.
- Prepare reports/documentation to communicate results to the technical community.
- Use developed networks in assisting engineering teams in obtaining necessary materials, services, and test data.
- Work with internal resources and external vendors to identify and obtain supplies and services.
- Train/Coach peers on the technical aspects of their job including interpreting and rationalizing results (i.e. statistics, DOE).
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience in related technical discipline
- 3 plus years related experience
- Previous experience with product evaluations in a laboratory setting
- Basic statistical analysis and reporting/summarization experience
- Collaborative partnerships with engineering and other departments for ideation of design concepts
- Development of basic experimental plans
- Assembly of medical device prototypes
- Computer aided design and manufacturing
- Basic micromachining
- Basic materials knowledge including metals, polymers, solvents and adhesives
- Technical report writing
Boston Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Maintenance, R&D Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Research