R&D instrument chemist
This is your opportunity to join Agilent Technologies Gas Phase Solutions Division (GPSD) in China Shanghai as a R&D instrument chemist to play a critical role in developing state of art analytical instrument. As an instrument chemist, you will be part of a high performance project team to design and develop hardware and software solutions to help customer analyze chemical compounds in different substance.
In this role, you will apply your knowledge of physics and chemistry to design, develop and prove new instrument functions and performance that will enhance analysis sensitivity, increase analysis efficiency, and simplify analysis technique. You will also work with project team to ensure the final product meets all regulations as well as the features that matters customer.
If you want to be part of a global team and work with top talent across the world, Agilent is the place for you. Agilent is a place where people get the chance to work with the latest technology. If you enjoy various technical challenges and collaborating with different discipline leaders, this is the position right for you.
Principal duties and responsibilities,
- Design and develop chemical analytical instrument new technologies and functionality that fits customer application.
- Work with marketing team to understand customer application needs, analyze the system requirement and breakdown those application needs into detailed HW/SW functions and features, and define a proper solution as well as the performance criteria for the solution.
- Define, develop and optimize the work flow of new product in terms of HW and SW operation from customer perspective, define product functions and features use case based on customer application scenario.
- Develop and implement test plan and test method to investigate new technique feasibility, evaluate new technique effectiveness, performance and usability, determine the instrument performance limits.
- Develop instrument system performance and final chemical validation protocol, develop test plan and generate test report.
- Work with marketing team to develop application for new product, develop competitive advantage in application zone.
- Assist in evaluation, modification of overall instrument / system.
- Provide chemical support to problem solution for R&D projects.
- Ensure that all documentation is accomplished and in proper form.
- PHD in chemistry or analytical chemistry, expected to possess a theoretical understanding of chromatograph analytical chemistry and application.
- Design experience in analytical instrument and hardware development is desired.
- 3 years relevant application experience in analytical instrument, gas chromatograph and mass spectrometer is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written English and Chinese communication skills.
- Demonstrate theoretical capability to analyze the system requirement and to translate that into design spec.
- Demonstrate effectiveness with interpersonal skills and interfacing with team, both locally and globally.
- Demonstrate flexibility, independence and initiative to perform successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skill and planning capability to achieve result. Ability to communicate needs, plans and achievements at all levels of a corporate organization.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, apply broad knowledge and experience to address complex issue and ability to identify causes through symptoms..