R&E Senior Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY R&E Senior Manager
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role outside of country, this role is available for in-country relocation only.
SR. R&E MANAGER - Global Absorbent Development Team
Lead a team of technical resources accountable for end-to end material research, development, and project leadership for the KCNA and KCI BCC business, with focus on absorbent materials.
All levels of management within Research & Engineering, Vendors both direct and through Sourcing and Supply Management, Legal, Market Research, External Consultants, Finance, and Product Supply.
Incumbent reports to the R&E Director of Global Absorbent and North American Material Development in BCC Research and Engineering.
He/she provides leadership to an R&E team that provides technical input and direction on the materials required to ensure absorbent and leakage performance for the full garment product portfolio of the BCC business.
The incumbent will work, in complete alignment, with the two other Senior managers in the team (Chassis - Outer Cover and Printing and Fit/Fastening) to deliver the materials portfolio necessary for the full system to work together.
The role will have a key role in working with the Process and Engineering team to ensure the development of appropriate asset capability for new material development.
The role requires familiarity in all the key stages of the MD&Q process (idea generation to qualification) and will partner with LCM to ensure the cost savings for the business are delivered.
He/she provides protection to materials through appropriate use of patents and trade secrets. This role will also have responsibility to support occasion with Global regions.
He/she is also accountable for facilitating employee development to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
Expectations and Accountabilities:
* Implement programs and procedures which ensure effective Safety and Quality attitudes and practices.
* Ensure that all elements of the corporate HR Development and Diversity policy are fully supported.
* Develop the careers of material developers within BCC guiding them to appropriate experiences and opportunities to build their talent including managing cross-border assignments for team members in Global GICs
* Lead technical material resources to define our 3-5 year plans and beyond for absorbent systems, through Product and Process team alignment for project deliverables.
* Collaborate on plans and strategies for technology development within BCC and across technology teams in GNW and CR&E.
* Prepare and implement unit budgets and schedules. Implement appropriate controls.
* Implement the documentation and report of unit work as required by R&E or GM policy, effective communication, protection of proprietary information, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
* Communicate appropriately with all customers, conducting all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity and honesty so as to build an unimpeachable business reputation.
* Bachelor's degree in a science, engineering or related discipline and/or 10 - 18 years industrial experience or another equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated evidence of a solid background of technical knowledge and experience combined with demonstrated ability to lead and direct an R&E team and projects to meet business objectives.
* The ability to coach and develop team members for career development and performance improvement must have been shown
* Prior R&E Management experience is desired
* Prior experience with Personal Care materials and products
* Proven ability to collaborate across functions/departments to drive balanced business decisions
* Experience working closely with the brand team members to ensure projects align with both short and long term brand strategies
* Experience working across the phases of the product development life cycle including FEI, D&C, and LCM
* Experience with key process and tools including IMF, LEAN, etc.
* Ability/willingness to make (or drive to) tough, informed decisions
* Evidence of the ability to deliver results while balancing multiple priorities
R&E Budget: Typically $2 - 4 Million
P&E Budget (Capital): Typically $10 - 50 Million
Personnel: 10-15 team members
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-WI-Neenah
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time