REGISTERED NURSE- Critical Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
The CCU RN demonstrates clinical excellence and is able to adapt to any critical care patient need, including roles in Rapid Response, Code Stroke, STEMI, and Code Blue. Candidates will be expected to achieve a national nursing certification within two years. Candidates will maintain 30 contact hours per year, and participate in unit based Shared Governance. Critical Care Team performance expectations include continuing education, performance improvement, utilization of evidence based practice, and maintaining AACN Healthy Work Environment Standards.
A day in the life of a Critical Care Nurse at Meridian includes:
* Delivery of nursing practices according to the evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient centered care.
* Providing resources for other nurses in the hospital by being part of the Rapid Response/Code Team, Stroke Team and STEMI Team.
* Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient s status, rendered care, education and treatment plans.
* Responsible for optimal patient/guest satisfaction and care experience according to Meridian Health standards.
* Medication administration and titration utilizing the latest clinical documentation technology designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
* Patient and family centered care aimed at optimizing health, wellness, disease management and end of life care. Interdisciplinary collaboration in management of our patient s plan of care and goals from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
* Stroke resource nurse, hemodynamics, ventilators, rapid response, STEMI management, critical thinking, end of life care, excellent customer service skills, multitasking, prioritization, great interpersonal and leadership skills
* Current RN license in the state of New Jersey
* Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Nursing or nursing diploma
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) strongly preferred
* CCRN strongly preferred
* Minimum of 1 year experience as a registered nurse in a hospital setting; 2 years strongly preferred
* Critical Care experience strongly preferred
* Telemetry certification required
* ACLS, BLS certifications required
* Proficiency in the care of complex medical, cardiac and surgical patients
* Experience with CRRT, IABP, Therapeutic Hypothermia, ICP Monitoring, invasive pressure monitoring, and Roto-Prone strongly preferred
* NIH Stroke Certification, 12 Lead EKG, Critical Care Course strongly preferred
* Candidate required to achieve a national nursing certification within 2 years of hire
* Participation in CARE (Clinical Ladder) within 18 months of hire
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.