REGISTERED NURSE HOME CARE HOSPICE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
Wall Township, NJ
The responsibilites of the Hospice RN include:
* Case Manage for terminally ill patients and their families in homes, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Meridian Hospitals.
* To be an admission RN to assess and evaluate care needs and assist Hospice Patients and their families with the Hospice admission process.
* Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating care needs in individual and continuing basis of assigned patients in keeping with agency policies and procedures and external regulations.
Caring for the immediate needs of the the Hospice Patient and their families. * Developing a plan of care to meet those needs.
* Medication reconciliation and education.
* Communication to the Hospice team all findings and needs.
* Work well with the interdisciplinary team
* Work well with the terminally ill and their self-appointed families
* Medication Management skills
* Flexibility with working with patients and families in creating individualized plans of care to meet patient and family needs.
* Ability to work 1 week-end a Month (Sat- Sun)
* RN license in the state of New Jersey
* Must Have NJ Drivers license with an available registered and insured vehicle
* Hospice Experience a plus
* (BLS) Basic Life Support, (CPR) , Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
* 2 yrs Med Surg of Long Term care experience preferred. Home Care or Hospice experience a plus.
* Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing
* BSN preferred
* IV certification a plus, experience with the management of Central line preferred.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong Clinical assessment skills.If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.