REGISTERED NURSE- NEW OBSERVATION UNIT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
Yale New Haven Health
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Exciting opportunity to be a part of a new Observation Unit. This unit embraces innovation and collaboration of the Emergency Department and Hospitalists teams. This is a unique, fast-paced, progressive unit providing care to a wide variety of patients. We are a team with strong, collaborative leadership and strong physician/nurse relations. We value teamwork which allows you to function in an autonomous manner utilizing a high level of critical thinking skills. If you are adaptable, possess strong clinical skills, embrace change, and value providing exceptional care and compassion to your patients, consider joining our team.
A registered professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care and assumes the responsibility and accountability for prescribing, delegating and coordinating that care.
Come Grow With Us
* 1. Demonstrates basic skill in assessment of health care needs.
* 1.1 Demonstrates basic skill in interviewing, observing and collecting health care data, performing systems assessment, identifying patient support system on admission according to hospital policy.
* 2. Demonstrates basic skill in planning for patient health care needs.
* 2.1 Initiates clinical pathway utilizing admission assessment and guidelines for nursing care according to hospital policies.
* 3. Demonstrates basic skills in implementing care to meet patient care needs.
* 3.1 Prioritizes patient care based on assessment.
* 4. Demonstrates basic skill in evaluating care delivered.
* 4.1 Assesses patient responses to medical and nursing interventions based on expected outcomes.
* 5. Documents outcomes appropriately, accurately and consistently.
* 5.1 Completes Admission Assessment Forms.
* 6. Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional growth.
* 6.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as evidenced by completion of self assessment skills checklist and ongoing communication with supervisor.
* 7. Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed and following established policies and procedures.
* 7.1 Appropriately collects specimens, performs test and interprets results.
LICENSURE: Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current BCLS certification or obtain within one month of hire. ACLS preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year of RN experience in a hospital setting required. Telemetry skills required.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Those with a Diploma or Associate's Degree need to show evidence that they are actively enrolled in a BSN or MSN program.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Good interpersonal skills. Successful completion of orientation.