REGISTERED NURSE - OUTPATIENT DIALYSIS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 4/14/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
Red Bank, NJ
A day in the life of a Dialysis RN at Meridian Health includes:
* Delivery of nursing practices according to the evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient centered care
* Responsible for optimal patient/guest satisfaction and care experience according to Meridian Health standards
* Medication administration utilizing the latest clinical documentation technology designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patient
* Patient and family centered care aimed at optimizing health, wellness and disease management
* Interdisciplinary collaboration in management of our patient s plan of care and goals from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
* Collaborating with multidisciplinary team, patients and/or family on a regular basis consisting of the Nephrologist, Nurse Practitioner, Transplant Surgeon or designee, Registered Dietitian, and Licensed Social Worker to assess the patient s progress and evaluate current and future treatment modalities and modify plan as necessary
* Participating in Quality Assurance activities held at least quarterly and shall be separate from other patient care or management meetings
* Caring for the chronic hemodialysis patient including assessment, planning intervention and evaluation of each patient and each treatment
* Able to troubleshoot and intervene when problems arise with machines, dialysis access or water treatment issues
* Using knowledge of chronic renal failure, nursing intervention and desired outcomes
* Must have the ability to be flexible with time submitted
* Current and valid Registered Nurse License in the State of New Jersey is required
* BLS/CPR certification is required
* BSN is strongly preferred
* At least six (6) months of hemodialysis work experience in a chronic setting is required
* Acute and ICU experience IS preferred
* On-call duty required for Acute Unit
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.