SRH, REGISTERED NURSE, Per Diem Hours- 2 + Years Experience Required
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 6/9/2017
Provide patient care according to the philosophy and standards of the Department of Nursing. Utilize appropriate clinical skills to integrate and implement the nursing process with the plan of care. Function as a clinical resource for the patient, consistently providing direction and support to ensure a focus on the team goals and patient driven outcomes. Function within role expectations, delegate duties to other caregivers as required and consistently provide appropriate supervision.
* Nursing assessment is completed accurately and timely in accordance with practice standards.
* Plan of care is developed and implemented that reflects the needs and goals of the patient.
* Nursing care is provided, evaluated and modified to achieve goals and objectives.
* Patient care documentation is completed per established standards.
* Medications are administered safely and according to professional standards of practice and nursing policies and procedures.
* Doctors orders are transcribed or acknowledged as needed and orders are carried out as directed.
* Nursing care activities are coordinated in collaboration with other care team members to facilitate achievement of patient goals.
* Patient education needs are assessed and education provided related to the disease process, underlying disability, medication, and preparation for discharge to help patients and families develop self care skills necessary to move toward wellness.
* Mentoring and teaching is provided for healthcare team members as needed.
* Team conferences and meetings are actively participated in to achieve stated goals.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
* Current license from the Massachusetts Board of Registration as a Registered Nurse.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills using the English language.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs. (evenings and nights, holidays, weekends and travel).
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. PHH takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.