REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - IV Home Infusion -
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
West Chester, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty and home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a Clinical Nurse to join our team.
Nurses are responsible for providing IV infusion nursing care in the home or ambulatory setting, performing in-hospital discharge assessments and occasional IV hook-ups, teaching patients about their home infusion therapy, and providing ongoing monitoring of their treatment. BioScrip seeks RNs who are customer-service oriented and flexible. Previous IV Infusion experience is desired; experience in specialty infusion, critical care, home health or pediatrics would also be considered. Ideal candidates should have experience and comfort working with both adults and pediatrics. This position will be a part of our on-call weeknight/weekends rotation.
* Provides infusion and other skilled nursing care to patients including: patient assessment and reassessment, patient and caregiver teaching, development and revision of the Plan of Care and Plan of Treatment, implementation of physician orders, patient response monitoring, response to emergency patient needs and psychological support.
* Provides pre-discharge patient assessments when appropriate.
* Completes all required patient care documentation and reports accurately.
* Submits all required patient care documentation and reports in a timely manner.
* Communicates any changes in the patient's condition to supervisor, physicians and other health care provides as appropriate.
* Takes professional responsibility for self-protection during required work in potentially hazardous situation (e.g. handling cytoxic agents, blood and body fluids).
* Represents self in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
* Complies with all applicable company policies and procedures.
* Participates in the activities of the Performance Improvement Program.
* Attends scheduled patient care conferences, in-services, departmental meetings, etc. as requested.
* Maintains professional licensure, certification, and health requirements as well as demonstrates clinical competence.
* Participates in the orientation of other nurses or center personnel as requested.
* Supports the marketing efforts of the center by assisting the sales team and providing educational programs to referral sources as requested.
* Takes on-call responsibility as assigned to provide 24-hour availability and provides these services in accordance with established protocols.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
A minimum of one (1) year current nursing experience in a clinical specialty involving infusion therapy including patient assessment skills, venous access skills and emergency patient care required.
Certificates & Licenses
Current state license as a Registered Nurse and CPR certification required.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills also required. A minimum of one year previous specialized home health experience and PICC training strongly desired.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.