REIT Tax Senior Manager 9/1/2016
American Homes 4 Rent
Agoura Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Senior Manager - Income Taxes is responsible for reviewing and/or preparing all U.S. federal and state tax returns and related schedules and reports. This position also coordinates with corporate accounting for the preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision.
* Develops effective teams and serves as a role model for direct reports. Coaches/ counsels effectively to build effective leadership throughout the organization.
* Performs research for and coordinates with Corporate Accounting for tax provision and compliance issues.
* Reviews domestic tax returns and related schedules.
* Performs review and/or preparation of quarterly and annual domestic tax provisions.
* Performs auditing activity by coordinating and assisting with IRS, State and local tax audits.
* Coordinates with outside service provider on tax projects.
* Maintains tax depreciation information for acquired companies.
* Provides compliance assistance by providing support with SOX documentation and internal control provisions.
* Reviews and/or prepares responses to tax notices.
* Follows all organizational systems, programs, training, policies, and procedures as required and complies with relevant legal mandates. Seeks guidance as necessary.
* Handles various other duties as delegated by the SVP - Tax.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required
* Masters in Taxation Degree or CPA certification preferred
* Minimum 7years of corporate income tax experience in public accounting and/or a multinational corporate tax department
* Advanced knowledge in Tax Compliance software required
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Time Management skills
* Strong staff development and appraisal skills
* Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal
* Ability to interact effectively at all levels
* Strong customer, quality and results orientation
* Ability to be an effective member of project teams
RELATED KEY SEARCH WORDS: REIT Tax, Corporate Tax, Tax Accounting, Income Tax, Corporate Income Tax, CPA, Tax Compliance, State Tax, Franchise Taxes, Gross Tax Deferred, Tax Benefit