REO Claims Representative 8/17/2016
Mount Laurel, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Representative, Real Estate Owned (REO) Claims
Monitor the status of a pipeline of mortgage loans at the post liquidation stage. Communicate with outsourced claim vendors to ensure they meet contractual service level agreement (SLA) timelines. Refer loans that need to be closed out. Collaborate with REO leadership to ensure claims are reviewed and approved.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Monitor weekly pipeline reports to include foreclosure sales, third party and short sales
* Weekly reporting to REO management of controllable and uncontrollable aged loan pipeline
* Minimize losses through identification of Third Party recoverable sources.
* Completion and submission of claims, when required.
* Assist with the procurement of documentation for investor claim submission
* Process notifications of invalid foreclosure sales
* Monitor the status of the Mortgage Insurance Claims
* Research and resolve remaining expense on a loan after receipt of investor claim proceeds
* Refer loans once all investor claim proceeds are received and applied at loan level in the servicing system (MSP).
* Partner with foreclosure attorneys to expedite resolution of title liens
* Work closely with outsource vendors to submit claims to Investors and the Mortgage Insurance Companies.
* Respond to inquiries from vendors, attorneys, investors, etc. regarding post liquidation claims
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of one (1) year mortgage or banking industry experience or an Associate s/Bachelor s degree in Business, Accounting or finance is required
* Real Estate Owned claims experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Knowledge of Servicing Systems LPS / MSP preferred
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* 8:30 am 5:00 pm M-F
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.