RESEARCH ASSISTANT I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Loyola University Of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSTING DETAILS
RESEARCH ASSISTANT I
Department / School / College
Is this partially or fully grant funded*
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing small animal (mouse and rat) surgery.
- Setting up and running rodent behavioral experiments.
- Recording/Analyzing data from behavioral experiments.
- Performing transcardial perfusion, brain tissue sectioning and histological analysis.
- Assisting in maintaining mouse and rat colonies.
- General lab maintenance and ordering of consumables/supplies.
Minimum Education or Experience
Requires a Bachelor's degree in the neurosciences area or a related field and a minimum of one year of experience handling rats and/or mice in behavioral studies.
Certificates, credentials or licenses required to perform the duties of this position:
- Basic Proficiency with MS Excel.
- Experience with statistical analysis software preferred.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Attentive to detail.
- Must be willing to occasionally work weekends.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Does this job involve significant physical strain or activity*
What unusual working conditions are associated with this job*
Rogers Park-Lake Shore
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Candidates Eligible to Apply*
Application Types Accepted
University Staff Application
Required Applicant Documents
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (except where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification for the job), national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our staff. As a Jesuit Catholic institution of higher education, we seek candidates who will contribute to our strategic plan to deliver a Transformative Education in the Jesuit tradition.
Information on Loyola as an employer/educator can be found at http://www.luc.edu
For more information on our mission and the university's focus on transformative education in the Jesuit tradition, please visit http://www.luc.edu/mission/mission_vision.shtml
Quicklink for Posting
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled