RESEARCH ASSISTANT II / 40 HOURS / DAY / BWH DERMATOLOGY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Working independently and under the general supervision from a Principal Investigator, provides support to clinical research studies. Responsible for the following activities: screening and scheduling potential participants for clinical trials, developing and implementing patient recruitment strategies, performing applicable clinical tests such as phlebotomy, ECGs, etc, maintaining and updating data generated by the study, assisting in the team effort of making judgment of suitability of potential participants for clinical trials, assorted administrative work on patient documents, folders and research projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates the implementation, both internally and externally, of sponsored clinical research studies.
2. Initiates and maintains recruitment contact with study participants. Responsible for screening applicants, ensuring they meet appropriate criteria, and makes independent judgement as to the suitability of their participation. May be required to perform clinical tests such as phlebotomy, ECGs, etc.
3. Responsible for collection data and maintaining patient information databases for the study. Develops, organizes, and/or maintains the study forms. Responsible for data validation and quality control, data entry into CRFs, if applicable. May be required to input data, and do minimal analysis and run various reports.
4. Interacts with patients/subjects with regard to the study, including patient education, procedural instruction, follow-up. Serves as a liaison between patient and physician, and as a resource for participants and their families.
5. In conjunction with IRB Manager, completes regulatory paperwork for institutional review board approval.
6. Responsible for mailing various study information or packets to study participants.
7. Answers phone calls and inquires regarding the study protocol. Refers participants when appropriate to principal and co-investigators.
8. Communicates regularly with the PI(s) about all aspects of the research trial.
* BS OR BA required
* One year of previous clinical research work required.
* Human subjects research experience required.
* Some clinical trial experience preferred. Some knowledge of medical terminology, clinical practice and/or research studies highly desired.
* Sound independent judgment and willingness to learn competence in research methodologies a must.
Ability to work independently.
Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues and to interpret the acceptability of data results.
High degree of computer literacy.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
Careful attention to detail.
Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects rights and individual needs.
Knowledge of data management programs.
General fast paced office, clinical, and laboratory environment. Candidate may be required to work in multiple locations within the hospital. The candidate will be required to handle biological specimens and follow universal precautions for blood and pathogen protection. He/she will also handle various pieces of electronic equipment. Some heavy lifting and/or transporting may be necessary from time to time.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
BRIGHAM AND WOMENS HOSPITAL I CARE STANDARDS
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I WILL COMMUNICATE MY COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE
A. I WILL APPEAR AND ACT AS A PROFESSIONAL
R. I WILL RESPECT ALL INDIVIDUALS
E. I WILL EXTEND MYSELF