RESEARCH FELLOW - CLIN GEN / 40 HOURS / WK / BWH - PCPGM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
We are seeking a motivated individual to work in a cutting edge genomic medicine environment as a research associate in the Clinical Genome Resource (ClinGen) program. ClinGen is a large NIH-funded project that is building genomic knowledge bases to improve patient care. More information can be found here: http://www.clinicalgenome.org/ .
This position would begin with training within our variant sciences team which supports variant classification and gene-disease validity assessment followed by supporting activities in ClinGen including but not limited to those listed below.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Become an expert in variant sciences
* Research the significance of variants and genes through literature and data review
* Classify variant- and gene-disease associations
* Support the ClinGen program
* Support the sharing of curated knowledge with the community
* Guide development of a software tools for supporting variant and gene curation and tracking variant interpretation differences between laboratories
* Work closely with ClinGen Clinical Domain Working Group and Expert Panel to support the evidence-based assessment of genomic knowledge and the creation of high quality resources to support genomic interpretation
* Build workflows to support genomic case interpretation and apply curated knowledge to the expert interpretation of exomes and genomes in patients
In addition, the Research Fellow should possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to interact effectively with an international network of laboratories and disease experts and balance and manage multiple tasks and projects independently.
The applicant must have a PhD in a genetics or related field. The position would include a Research Fellow appointment at Harvard Medical School and the individual would report to Heidi Rehm, PhD, FACMG.
Job location is at 65 Landsdowne Street, Cambridge, MA.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C.I will Communicate my commitment to high quality performance
A.I will Appear and act as a professional
R.I will Respect all individuals
E.I will Extend myself