RESEARCH FELLOW 8/17/2016
Mass General Physicians Organization(MGPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMPLOYING HOSPITAL AND DEPARTMENT:
Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT, and Harvard
MINIMUM DEGREE AND FIELD OF KNOWLEDGE: PhD and/or MD with experience in microbial genetics, innate immunity, or analytical chemistry
YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 0-2 years of post-doctoral research experience
The Barczak lab at the Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston has an opening for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to study the mechanisms through which the bacterium that causes TB, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, undermines protective innate immune functions. The person hired will work under the supervision of Dr. Barczak applying a variety of techniques including microbial genetics, cell biology, microscopy, transcriptional profiling, single-cell analysis, and analytical chemistry to elucidate the host-pathogen interactions that contribute to TBs pathogenic success. State-of-the-art facilities are available within an exceptionally energetic research setting.
Under the direction of the principal investigator, the applicant will independently carry out activities performing laboratory research. Duties include:
* Guide research projects through experimental design, conduct of experiments, and analysis of data
* Maintain detailed documentation of the experimental work
* Present data within and outside of the laboratory group at meetings and symposia
* Work closely within the group and with outside collaborators
* Mentor students and technicians
* Maintain close communications with the PI regarding progress
* Write, edit, and submit manuscripts/abstracts detailing the results of the project
* Demonstrate integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork in all interactions
* A Ph.D. and/or M.D. with research experience in microbial genetics, innate immunity, or analytical chemistry
* Highly motivated and independent, with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
* Exceptional organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Must have good interpersonal skills
* Occasional weekend or evening flexibility
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The position is open immediately although the start date is flexible. Please submit a cover letter and CV including references.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.