RESEARCH SCIENTIST, QMP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Research Scientist, Quality Measurement Programs (QMP) leads in the conceptual design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing reevaluation of national health care quality measures and advances measurement methods. Reporting to the Director, QMP, the primary role is to lead multi-disciplinary teams in completing specific deliverables for a large Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) funded multi-year contract developing and maintaining hospital quality measures for national public reporting and tracking quality trends. The Research Scientist provides technical leadership and content expertise for the development of deliverables under the guidance of the Director, QMP working with a diverse team of consultants, statisticians, clinicians, health services researchers, and project support staff to meet contract deliverables.
* 1. Guide team decision-making, ensuring that analytic decisions are made collaboratively with the lead team's analyst; present and discuss key methodological decisions with directors and other team members; ensure communication within subtask team members on on decisions, timelines, and work plans (with regular team meetings, informal team huddles, and timely accurate minutes, etc)
* 2. Ensure timely completion of high quality task deliverables (e.g. literature reviews, technical reports, measure forms, communications materials, and papers)
* 3. Review and sign off on task management plan (timelines with interim deadlines)
* 4. Manages resources to budget for assigned contract tasks
* 5. Track progress and make adjustments to plan, seeking assistance from Director, QMP, when needed
* 6. Problem solve methodological/team/process issues that arise with directors and analysts
* 7. Recruit and liaise with external experts for special consultation
* 8. Supervise and provide direction, coaching, and mentorship to project coordinators and research assistants
* 9. Communicates project status and results to funding agencies and other stakeholders through briefings, presentations and written materials
* 10. Mentor team members in technical aspects of project/deliverable
* 11. Draft or assist in drafting manuscripts
* 12. Support development of new contracts/grants and IRB submissions
MD, PhD or Master's degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of work experience required. Formal training in health services research methods is preferred.
Minimum two (2) years experience in health services field or other relevant field of research required. Doctoral or other mentored research experience will be considered. Excellent writing skills as evidenced through peer-reviewed publications required. Excellent verbal communication skills. Demonstrated mastery of epidemiology and excellent analytical skills. Experience managing professional staff preferred. Teaching experience desired. Demonstrated experience collaborating with other government contractors or independent non-government agencies that support outcomes measure work.
Comprehensive knowledge of policies pertaining to research studies. Working knowledge of computer software to support research project(s). Well developed oral and written communication, statistical, organizational, and analytical skills that including the ability to bring applied knowledge to analytic questions. Project management, supervisory and staff training skills. Experience leading a multidisciplinary staff. Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously that cover a broad range of technical areas and adhering to deadlines. Comprehensive knowledge of health care quality measurement methods and policy.