RESEARCH TECHNICIAN I 8/17/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMPLOYING HOSPITAL AND DEPARTMENT:
Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT, and Harvard
The Kwon Laboratory at the Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston (www.kwonlab.org) has an opening for a highly motivated Research Technician to study the immunopathogenesis of HIV infection at mucosal tissue sites. The person hired will work under the supervision of Dr. Kwon conducting patient-oriented translational research involving cutting-edge technologies. The position will involve handling and processing of tissue and blood samples and utilizing novel assays to study mucosal immune responses against HIV. The project includes transcriptional profiling of isolated cell populations, characterization of innate and adaptive responses, immunofluorescent microscopy, and cellular functional assays.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in scientific research or medicine while working in a supportive, highly collaborative, and energetic environment. State-of-the-art facilities are available within an exceptionally energetic research setting.
Under the direction of the principal investigator, the applicant independently carries out daily activities of the laboratory, including:
* Maintain detailed documentation of the experimental work
* Ensure quality control of equipment, reagents and cellular components
* Work closely within the group and with outside collaborators
* Perform and assist with experiments involving immunologic assays, microscopy, flow cytometry and molecular biology
* Maintain close communications with PI regarding progress
* Highly motivated and independent, with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Laboratory experience required, especially tissue culture
* Flexibility to occasionally work evenings
* Computer experience is essential
MINIMUM DEGREE AND FIELD OF KNOWLEDGE: BS/BA
YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 0-2 years of experience
The position is open immediately. Please submit a cover letter, CV, and references also to Dr. Doug Kwon at email@example.com.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.