RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Dr. Domians laboratory is based at Massachusetts General Hospital at Cardiovascular Research Center (CVRC) in the Simches Research Building, Charles River Plaza. The CVRC is a vibrant cardiovascular research center working with faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and medical students. We have an immediate opening for a full-time research technician for participation in an ongoing research program. Laboratory focus is on cardiac development, stem cell differentiation, cell physiology, and tissue engineering. Candidate will also interface with animal facility. This is a great opportunity for intellectual growth and career development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Primary responsibility for management of mouse colonies
* Isolation of genomic DNA from tail biopsies and genotyping by PCR analysis
* Assisting with mouse anesthesia and surgery
* Tissue culture
* Assisting with lab management/Ordering of animals, chemicals, and supplies/Coordination of equipment maintenance and repairs
* Undergraduate degree (B.S. or B.A.) in life sciences required.
* Previous research experience working with tissue culture or small animals (mice) including genotyping, handling, and surgery is highly desirable.
* Undergraduate college degree in life sciences (e.g., biology, biochemistry, or pre-med) required
* Previous research experience (2 years) involving tissue culture, molecular biology, or small animal handling/surgery desirable
* Comfortable with computers and electronics
* Highly motivated/Able to work independently as well as member of a team
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Attention to detail/Accurate record keeping
Please include your CV, cover letter, and three references with contact information. Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.