This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
A day in the life of a Respiratory Therapist at Meridian includes:
Candidates MUST HAVE a minimum of 2 years working experience as a Respiratory Therapist. New graduates will NOT be considered.
* Providing respiratory care and performing duties for all age groups, including general floor care, ICU, ED, ventilator management, ABGS, medication administration, CPT, breathing exercises and BIPAP
* Reviewing patient information
* Collecting and evaluating all pertinent information pertaining to patients care
* Performing and/or evaluating blood gas analysis and pulse oximetry
* Evaluating appropriateness of therapy
* Selecting, assembling and checking gas administration devices
* Selecting, assembling and checking resuscitation devices
* Performing procedures for disinfecting equipment
* Patient and family education
* Performing complete computerization of medication administration record
* Participating in emergency conditions
* Other duties as assigned
* Current Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in New Jersey
* Registered Respiratory Therapist
* Associates in Applied Science from a CoARC approved program in respiratory care or equivalent
* General respiratory care experience is required
* Neonatal and/or pediatric experience a PLUS
* BLS, ACLS/PALS and NRP certification is required within six months of hire
* Computer skills are required
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.