This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTOOLS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* MapInfo thematic map creation
* Microsoft Office suite of products (advanced experience level)
* Google Earth / .kml import
* Other desired tools (a plus):
The RF Engineer is responsible for contributing in the RF Design of the regional wireless network. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Creates small cell polygons within geographic area by taking into consideration baseline, performance issues, capacity, topography, and population.
Working with the performance team to improve Key Performance Indicators within his/her area.
* Working with traffic and implementation counterparts to understand capacity improvements needed in the network.
* Evaluate small cell antennas and equipment for performance and future growth.
* Conduct site walks to assess feasible candidates for small cell nodes
* Utilizes propagation tools and other RF related equipment such as MapInfo, GeoPlan, ATOLL for site candidate comparison, propagation and coverage review and selection.
* Evaluate the effects of path loss on the received signal strength in various signal propagation environments (examples might include flat terrain, rolling hills, urbanized areas, and indoor environments [such as buildings or tunnels] with losses caused by walls, ceilings, etc.).