RN Bone Marrow Transplant Day Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRN BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT DAY SHIFT
Job ID #: 65695
Job Category: RN-Oncology/BMT/Infusion
Employment Type: Full Time
Education Required: Associates Degree
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posted Date: September 8, 2016 Back to Search Results
Imagine a place where you can improve lives every day this place is Northside Hospital. Join our team of medical professionals who offer a lifetime of care. As Georgia s Most Preferred Hospital in Overall Healthcare Services for more than 16 consecutive years, we are the fastest-growing healthcare organization in the Southeast. We currently seek dynamic, skilled people to join our team of talented, award-winning staff. If you are a qualified, committed professional and are ready to work in a compassionate and innovative team environment, Northside is the place for you. Start your journey with us today!
Northside Hospital-Atlanta provides compassionate care for all stages of life and serves as a market leader in Women s Services, Maternity and Newborn Services, Surgery, Robotic Surgery and Cancer Care. We are proud to be voted Atlanta s Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Care Needs for more than 16 years. As a 537-bed, not-for-profit, full-service community hospital, we are committed to balancing clinical excellence with compassionate care and are dedicated to providing a Lifetime of Care to our community. Join our team and start making a difference with us today!
SERVICE AREA OVERVIEW
Northside Hospital is one of the largest and most respected providers of comprehensive cancer services in the Southeast, combining the latest in technology and research with compassionate patient-centered care. The Northside Hospital Cancer Institute offers the best of both worlds: clinical excellence on par with academic-based programs, along with the personalized and attentive care typically associated with a community hospital. Our Program has received an Outstanding Achievement Award as a fully accredited Comprehensive Community Hospital Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeon s Commission on Cancer. Specialty areas include BMT, Women s, Prostate, and Research.
Northside has among the best survival outcomes in United States for the sixth consecutive year (2009-14), per data released by the National Marrow Donor Program.
Patients and their families are at the center of our BMT Program. Each individual is treated with respect, dignity and compassion. We believe that having you at the top of the treatment pyramid enables our team to deliver outstanding care and excellent patient satisfaction.
Our BMT Program includes:
* A BMT physician team who have completed post-hematology/oncology fellowship training in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
* A highly trained BMT/leukemia team that includes a dedicated BMT health psychologist, clinical BMT PharmD.s, nutritional services, physical therapy and chaplaincy services
* State-of-the-art facilities
* A comprehensive quality management program
* Coordination of pre and post transplant care with your referring physician and the most current and state-of-the-art treatment recommendations
* Access to cutting edge Research and Clinical Trials so patients do not have to travel outside their community
* Collaboration with national research organizations including the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Blood Cancer Research Partnership (Northside is one of 10 sites nationwide selected to participate); NCI s Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (the only participating transplant center in Georgia); and NCI s Community Oncology Research Program
* A complete offering of Support and Survivorship programs to help you throughout your journey
The Bone Marrow Transplant RN will be responsible for managing the patient care of an assigned group of patients in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the appropriate division. Will work in a high acuity setting within a 26 bed Bone Marrow Transplant and Leukemia floor.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Demonstrated proficiency in skills applicable to designated area within probationary period. Certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Strong commitment to service excellence. BMT, Oncology of strong 5 years plus ICU experience strongly preferred or 7 years plus Med Surg experience with sincere interest in BMT population.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Yes
WORK HOURS: 7a-7p
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: Yes
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No
Why choose Northside* Northside supports our employees professional and personal growth. We foster an environment that promotes work/life balance. We embrace diversity. We care about you. If you are ready to advance your career, apply online today to join Northside s team!
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.