Registered Nurse -Case Manager - Case Management - Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00456-4093
NORTHWEST MEDICAL CENTER
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
Our facility features a state of the art CV Tower and newly expanded 53-bed Emergency Room, the largest in South Florida, providing increased opportunity for professional growth.
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
* Screens all direct admits for the correct status and gets the clinical information to support the admission. Reviews for Core Measures as appropriate on all admissions
* Screens for appropriate use of order sets as developed.
* Expert in InterQual review/admission criteria with the ability to complete the assignment of the admission to the appropriate status, i.e. Inpatient or Observation status, in a timely manner upon admission to the facility completing appropriate documentation to meet regulatory compliance.
* Works directly with physicians when a planned admission order does not meet InterQual screening criteria
* Consistently exemplifies and promotes a positive and team building image for the Case Management department to the hospital, corporation and community.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current FL licensure as an RN
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* 2 years of clinical experience
* 6 months of Case Management experience
* Current BLS certification
* Knowledge of CMS guidelines and experience working with payor specific guidelines and contractual rules preferred.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision meeting firm deadlines.
* Assertive and persuasive communication skills, action oriented.
Last Edited: 06/09/2016