RN Case Manager - Coordinated Care PRN 9/3/2016
Lake Charles, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Case Management Nurse (RN) is a vital part of an interdisciplinary team assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting care in efforts to deliver the highest levels of care to the patient and family. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Patrick Health System, and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values.
The Case Manager coordinates the care and service of a diverse patient population across the continuum of illness, promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal quality, clinical, financial and resource outcomes
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Louisiana State RN license
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, families, and medical staff both verbally and written
- Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding Case Management, Discharge Planning & HIM coding standards
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting in a clinical nursing field required
- Prior experience in utilization review/management, discharge planning, quality management, case management or coding preferred
- Familiarity with CMS, TJC, Interqual criteria, Milliman Care Guidelines and state standards and regulations
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourage professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS St. Patrick Health System family!