RN Case Manager - 9/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Summary: The Case Manager coordinates and manages services provided to each patient to establish a focused, individualized program geared towards specific goals unique to that patient. Acts as a liaison for patient, family and staff, overseeing day to day operations of all care provided to ensure successful patient outcomes.
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Case Manager competency checklist.
2. Enables the patient?s program to proceed in an orderly, purposeful and goal-directed manner through daily contact with the patient and family, attending patient staffings and weekly team meetings, monitoring patient progress, and re-evaluating goals.
3. Documents in patient chart and completes bi-weekly patient progress reports indicating problems, progress, treatment and goals in a clear, concise manner.
4. Strives to direct all patient care and trans- disciplinary efforts towards a maximum level of self-care for each patient.
5. Encourages the participation of the family and patient on an ongoing basis in discussion of plans, goals, status, etc. by directing patient and family at family/team conferences and through daily communication.
6. Facilitates the exit/discharge process and arrangements for follow-up and appropriate supportive services.
7. Performs psychosocial evaluations, counseling, and gathers information related to the patients? current and ongoing overall status from patient, family and medical documentation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
Experience: Four years? experience as a Case Manager
Licensure/Certification: RN License