RN Case Manager / Registered Nurse / Home Health - $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS! - ReqCode 1057452
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
The RN Case Manager promotes the optimal health and well being of patients, their families and caregivers within their homes and communities using a holistic approach that empowers patients/families/caregivers to achieve their highest levels of physical, functional, spiritual, and psychological health. The Home Health Nurse provides care that is evidence based and may include preventive, maintenance, restorative and rehabilitative interventions to prevent potential problems, manage existing health problems, improve clinical outcomes, and prevent hospital and other inpatient admissions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Adhere to the scope of practice for Registered Professional Nurse per State regulatory guidelines.
* Utilize clinical decision making when applying the nursing process to care of patients in their homes.
* Apply critical thinking to physical, psycho-social, environmental, cultural, family, and safety issues.
* Apply case/care management, communication, and collaboration principles and skills to provide care in the home health setting.
* Remain flexible and responsive when changes occur in patient activity and workload.
* Perform appropriate documentation to maintain the standards set by the Agency, Federal, State & Local regulations, and/ or Fiscal intermediary.
* Initiate, develop, implement and revise the patient's plan of care (POC) and ensure that it adheres to the recommended frequencies of the Healing Pathways. Responsible for continuous review and management of all aspects of the patient's care, including: Appropriate utilization of services (Healing Pathways recommended frequencies); Monitor visit frequency and duration by reviewing physicians' orders and comparing to the Plan of Care and documentation; Monitor authorization status and initiating request in a timely manner; Ensure continued skilled need; Evaluate homebound status; Accurate, thorough, timely documentation in the patient's medical record; Communicate with the interdisciplinary team involved in the Plan of Care; Communicate with the patient's Primary Care Physician; Case conference with Clinical Supervisor biweekly or as frequently as the patient's condition requires to discuss changes in the POC.
* Provide thorough patient medication reconciliation and patient education regarding therapeutic action, interaction, and side effects of all medications. Perform a comprehensive assessment of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs of the patient at the start of care (SOC) and ongoing throughout the episode. Review results of laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures and report to MD appropriately.
* Supervise and direct assigned LPN's, HHA's, and PCA's per Federal, State and Local regulations and Agency Policy.
* Advocate for patient needs and ensure optimal clinical outcomes regardless of payer challenges. Provide the care needed as described in the Agency's Policies and Procedures.
* Compare assessment data to baseline assessment to monitor patient's progress. Recognize alterations in function, including life-threatening situations. Intervene and document appropriately.
* Obtain and implement physicians' orders accurately and promptly.
* Develop patient goals and discharge plans and make revisions based on the changes in patient condition.
* Provide patient education and counseling so that the patient and caregiver have the knowledge, skills and abilities to achieve their maximum level of independence. Document all patient teaching and the patient/caregiver's level of understanding.
* Prioritize the work day assignment based on the patient's health status and anticipated needs.
* Assume on-call responsibilities per agency requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, College or University.
* Must possess at least one of the following ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button