Clinical Coordinator (RN) Pre-Op/PACU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The RN Clinical Coordinator, in collaboration with the Nursing Management, will be responsible for the ongoing development and assessment of the quality of patient care for the assigned service line (e.g., cardiovascular, orthopedics, general surgery). The RN Clinical Coordinator will assist with the standardization and efficiency of care for patients in the assigned service line throughout the continuum of perioperative care. The RN Clinical Coordinator models patient centered care in concert with The Methodist Hospital System s values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
The RN Clinical Coordinator will help coordinate daily operations in the Outpatient Surgery Department. This nurse will also be required to work in both pre-op and PACU when needed. this nurse will not circulate surgery cases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordinates all aspects of patient care and development related to the assigned service line. Functions as a liaison with physicians and ancillary departments to ensure efficient patient flow for service line patients.
* Provides direct patient care as the staff nurse leader to service line patients and leads the interdisciplinary team in implementing plan of care. Takes call for the operating room.
* Maintains interdepartmental accountability for systems-related issues that impact quality patient care. Effectively manages hospital resources to positively impact patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. Participates in decisions impacting operational and capital needs.
* Serves as a clinical resource for complex and/or highly specialized patient care situations to patient care providers and other health care professionals within the hospital and in the community.
* Orients new employees, provides guidance and coaching, monitors performance, gives input in the evaluation of staff, and constructively influences team morale.
* Actively participates in a wide range of performance improvement activities. Insures appropriate data is collected and submitted to appropriate databases for service lines supported.
* Participates in identifying needs, planning and implementing educational programs within the assigned service line areas for hospital health care providers, patients, families and/or community groups.
i.Develops, facilitates and participates with others in the development and presentation of health care provider and community educational programs in the assigned service line.
ii.Assists patient care service staff in the patient/family education process related to designated service line.
iii.Incorporates appropriate teaching and learning principles into the design and delivery of educational programs and materials.
* Maintains personal professional development through organization membership.
Attends workshops and other educational programs, to ensure awareness of current developments and trends.
* Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence)
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with staff and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
Minimum 5 years Pre-op/PACU RN experience.
Leadership or Coordinator experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
CURRENT RN TEXAS LICENSURE
CURRENT CPR AND ACLS.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.