RN Clinical Educator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Masters Degree in Nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited nursing program. Or complete within 3 years.RN licensure, A current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).5 years experience in the health care field. Preferably a hospital setting.
1. Facilitate initial and ongoing competency process for the assigned department. Establish plans for their educational needs and follow up as needed.
2. In conjunction with the managers, directors, and clinical leaders, assess, develop, and implement immediate and future learning needs of the unit/department/organization.
3. Models behaviors that reflect life long learning at the local/national level: welcoming students/instructors and identify resources for them, coach staff through clinical advancement processes, fostering the use of evidence-based practice.
4. Serves as a resource to clinical leaders by identifying educational needs of staff, as they relate to changes in service, equipment, or technique.
5. Implements programs to meet educational needs, which may include identifying available internal and external resources
6. Fosters competence and professional growth of staff by facilitating the adoption of practice and policy changes and serving as a role model for interdisciplinary care and education of the patient and family.
7. Provides an appropriate environment for learning. Facilitates adult learning principles by planning and presenting educational activities in a variety of styles.
8. Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall annual Hospital performance improvement targets.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..