RN Clinical Educator - Medical Surgical Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The Clinical Educator assesses, plans, develops, implements and evaluates activities that promote professional development and continuing competence of ESJH health care providers and students. Activities focus on regulatory compliance for all hospital staff related to life support and overall competency plan. More focused attention addresses nursing continuing education needs.
* Maintains competency as a registered nurse in clinical area.
* Participates in planning, implementing, and evaluating orientation and education of ESJH employees/students.
* Participates in competency validation activities.
* Participates in student and new graduate placement and support.
* Serves as consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice and professional development.
* Assists Director in determining and securing resource needs (including personnel) and budget.
* Completes/submits all required reports.
* Maintains educational records in a secure manner for appropriate length of time.
* Assumes a leadership role in one or more assigned areas of the department, including supervision of volunteers and temporary employees.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
* Bachelors Degree in Nursing, required.
* Two years acute hospital nursing experience required.
* Six months of previous formal education activity experience preferred.
* Masters Degree preferred.