RN Critical Care/IMC - Medical ICU - Full Time Mixed
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01541-13439
Mixed (rotating weekends)
The Medical ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current NV licensure as an RN.
* NO NEW GRAD PROGRAM CURRENTLY.
* Minimum two (2) years of current ICU acute care experience requried.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/13/2016