RN Director, CV PCU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00073-83443
Under the supervision of the Administrator the DIRECTOR, CV PCU shares 24-hour accountability and additional responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the assigned nursing department(s). Functions will be performed in accordance with the nurse practice act in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the hospital.
* Supports the HCA Code of Conduct. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organization mission and goals.
* Ensures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment and adhering to Safety Program and Infection Control Programs.
* Assures quality of care through compliance with departmental policies, hospital and external regulatory agency guidelines.
* Functions effectively as an interdisciplinary team member.
* Demonstrates desirable work habits and promotes personal growth and professionalism in the work environment.
* Accepts responsibility for assurance that quality patient care is provided consistently according to hospital and departmental standards and policies/procedures.
* Accepts accountability and responsibility for achievement of operational and capital budget goals.
* Shares 24-hour accountability and responsibility with Administration for the effective and efficient operation of their assigned nursing department.
* Maintains clinical management competency and professional growth.
* Graduate of an accredited professional school of nursing with a minimum of a Bachelor s degree in Nursing required; Master s degree in Nursing preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
* RN with current licensure or RN with temporary permit to practice from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
* Current BCLS certification
* Current ACLS certification if working in a critical care area
* Current National Certification in area of expertise (CEN, CNRN, CCRN, etc.).
* Previous nursing leadership experience required.
* Clinical practice within last 2-5 years and/or Current clinical practice in area of expertise.
Last Edited: 08/30/2016