RN Director - Med Surge - Oncology 9/6/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT OUR CLIENT :
Our client is a diversified healthcare services company with more than 130,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International (USPI), the company operates 87 general acute care hospitals, 19 short-stay surgical hospitals and over 425 outpatient centers in the United States, as well as nine facilities in the United Kingdom. Our client has a subsidiary that provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks (IDN), physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
The Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and managing resources for the Med/Surg Oncology unit in one of their San Antonio hospitals.
* budget responsibility; efficient/effective resource utilization;
* recruitment and effective/efficient management of assigned staff; achieving quality outcomes; performance improvement;
* monitoring of quality and quantity of services; maintaining positive working relationships with staff and System departments and managers, and purchasing and maintaining equipment.
* Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
* Master's Degree in Nursing, Business or Related Field.
* 5 years' experience in discipline or specialty.
* 3-5 years progressively responsible management experience. Oncology experience desired.
* Must possess of current Texas State License for Registered Nurse
* ONC Certification is desired.
* BLS-Obtained through approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network.
Relocation Assistance Negotiable
Bonus Eligible - Yes