RN Director of Infection Control and Prevention
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00015-83645
Days (rotating weekends)
The DIRECTOR OF INFECTION CONTROL AND PREVENTION is responsible for all processes that pertain to infectious diseases, including trending , tracking, monitoring and evaluating infection control parameters as defined by the QRS, CDC, JC, TSHS, CMS and other accrediting bodies. Coordinates all aspects of the facility infection control program. Directly involved with programs that prevent and control hospital acquired l infections. Serves as an infection control consultant for facility staff. Interacts with physicians, outside agencies, corporate/divisional staff as well as all departments within the facility.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations and JC standards regarding infection control.
* Responsible for working collaboratively with all hospital staff and physicians regarding infection control issues and compliance.
* Conducts ongoing education programs around IC for employees, physicians and volunteers.
* Takes a proactive approach to Infection Control.
* Responsible for policy and procedures related to IC.
* Manages the implementation of IC initiatives.
* BSN required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS and REGISTRATIONS
* Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
* Nurse Epidemiology certification required.
* Five (5) or more years of experience as an infection control practitioner in the acute care setting.
* Management experience preferred.
Last Edited: 01/09/2017