RN - Echo/Stress Lab - Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Participates in development and evaluation of nursing practices provided in the clinical setting and the overall function of the clinical area
* This includes planning and provision of nursing care to a specific group of patients and delivery of medical regimens prescribed for those patients by a licensed physician; specifically coordinating and supervising clients scheduled for Pharmacological Stress Echocardiogram Tests, Transesophageal Echocardiogram, Exercise Stress Studies along with various other studies performed in the Echo/Stress Department
* The nurses will substitute as a stress technician as required
* This position requires providing service to the following age population(s) adolescent to frail adult, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
* Current Pennsylvania RN license, active and in good standing is required
* CPR certification through the American Heart Association required
* MSN preferred
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS) required
* Prior stress testing or minimum of 1 year Telemetry or Critical Care experience required
* Successful completion of a skills based test required
* Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk, sit, and stand for long periods of time. Frequently lifts, pulls, pushes and moves various weights (patients and equipment up to 400lbs). Requires manual dexterity for operating equipment and supplies
* Visual Requirements: Must be able to see charts, read numbers from a distance, and read small print with or without corrective lenses and have visual dexterity to work with computers.
* Hearing Requirements: Must be able to complete assessments using a stethoscope, good audio phone and general conversation skills in the presence of background noise
* Working Conditions: Clinical lab setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.