RN Endoscopy 0.8 FTE Capitol Hill "NO Weekends, Holidays or On-Call"
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Working as a Group Health Endoscopy Procedures RN at Capitol Hill is more than just a job.
Its about engagement in an environment where your ideas matter more than your title. Your ability to function as a confident, self directed, independent thinker is vital to the success of this role making a positive impact on the lives of our members, each other and the community we serve.
The position is:
* Day Shift
* No weekends
* No holidays
* No on-call
You will be:
* Working with a team of 6-8 RNs, a Charge Nurse and 3 Medical Assistants doing approximately 28 visits a day.
* Working with a nurse/patient ratio of 1:4/5 procedures a day that will include:
* Upper endoscopy
* Laser and flexible Sigmoidoscopy
* Administering conscious sedation agents to patients having these procedures and for monitoring before during and post procedure
* Assisting with the technical aspects of the procedure being done and supervises the GI technician working in the room.
* Interdisciplinary collaboration to ensure optimal patient outcomes for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
* Understanding the endoscopes, monitors, processors, and infection control issues associated with the cleaning and reprocessing of the endoscopy equipment.
* Being technically excellent in managing the work associated with the treatment of patients undergoing these procedures.
* Participating in quality-of-care activities i.e., timely discharge, use of reversal agents and utilization of quality-of-care activities to initiate evidence based process improvement change in nursing practice.
* Minimum: Graduate of accredited RN program
* Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
* Minimum: 2 years administering moderate sedation and recovering patients from anesthesia/sedation.
* Minimum: Current Washington State RN license, Conscious Sedation Certified, CPR
* Required: ACLS Certification
* Preferred: SGNA Endoscopy Certification
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: NUR5E