RN Intensive Care Unit
We are looking for RN INTENSIVE CARE UNIT for our client in FLAGSTAFF, AZ
JOB TITLE: RN INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
JOB LOCATION: FLAGSTAFF, AZ
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Shifts: 12hr
* start 7PM
* The staff nurse, under the supervision of the Director, Clinical Coordinator and Charge RN, is responsible for conducting the initial and on-going assessments, developing the patient plan of care through the use of Clinical Pathways; directing and delivering patient care, patient and family education, identifying and correcting variances from the patient's Clinical Pathway; and completing discharge planning. S/he follows accepted nursing practice and the policy/procedures .
* S/he assists and/or performs procedures that are within the scope of nursing practice.
* S/he seeks assistance and support when necessary, assists in data collection, organizes those aspects of patient care for which s/he is responsible, and maintains accountability for own practice and those functions s/he delegates.
* Within a specific work period, plans, implements, and evaluates care that is consistent with overall admission to post-discharge plan.
* S/he practices within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
* This position may be caring for children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
* Graduate from accredited School of Nursing - required.
* B.S.N. - preferred.
* Acute Care clinical experience within last year - preferred.
* Current RN License within the State of Arizona - required.
* BLS (American Heart Assoc) - required upon hire.
* National Certification in critical nursing - preferred.
* ACLS - required upon hire.
* NIH Stroke certification within 6 months of hire, required
SKILLS - REQUIRED:
* Able to work varying shifts/units within the cluster, rotate days off, and work weekends.
* Able to relate to and work with ill and disabled patients of all ages, bilingual patients, emotionally distressed patients and families and with hospital personnel within the facility.
* Able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
* Possess visual and hearing acuity, and/or the ability to assess, document and implement actions required to meet patient/family needs.
* Able to deal with high stress and high demand work environment.
* Able to cope with varying and unpredictable situations tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and the general public.
* Able to respond to emergency and crisis situations in a timely and professional manner.
PHYSICAL, SENSORY, ENVIRONMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking - required.
* Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients as well as medical equipment and supplies - required.
* Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, balancing, climbing and/or lifting - required.
* Comply with all required health assessments and testing - required.
* See Job Analysis for further requirements
* X No
* Yes (If yes, must be able to respond to hospital within 30 minutes)
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT:
* In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the organizational mission, vision of Northern Arizona Healthcare. Employees must keep current with their organizational competencies associated with our eight values: Patients, Colleauges, Quality, Safety, Leadership,
* Teamwork, Integrity and Diversity.
* Employees with be held accountable for understanding and effectively applying these principles.
MISSION AND VALUES:
* Mission Statement: client will improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
* The intent of this job description/evaluation is to provide a summary of position accountabilities which enable us to meet this goal.
* Individuals may be required to perform other duties for which they are qualified.
* Participation in teams and in the quality process provide opportunities to contribute to problem solving and improved work processes and are considered part of each person's job.
* In addition to the specific accountabilities listed below, all positions are required to demonstrate customer skills, including friendliness, courtesy, responsiveness and empathy.
* Patients We are committed to meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of our patients.
* Colleagues We will create an organizational culture where colleagues feel valued and take a sense of pride in their work.
* Quality We continuously strive to achieve excellence at all levels in the organization.
* Safety We are committed to maintaining a safe environment for our patients, visitors and colleagues.
* Leadership We promote leadership as an attitude, not a position, putting value on both people and the work they do.
* Teamwork We are colleagues working together, sharing knowledge, talents, and skills to achieve common goals.
* Integrity We will be forthright, honest and respectful.
* Diversity We embrace the diversity of our people, patients and the communities we serve.