RN - Lactation Consultant - EMCM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
East Norriton, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY IS A MEDICAL DESTINATION PROVIDING MANY NEW HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND RESOURCES PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE IN THE AREA INCLUDING ADVANCED MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CARE, DIAGNOSTIC TESTING SERVICES, A NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY CARE. LOCATED ON 87 ACRES ALONG GERMANTOWN PIKE IN EAST NORRITON, PA, EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY BRINGS THE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK TO RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Constructing and maintaining conditions that predispose mothers and babies to an uncomplicated breastfeeding experience through counseling, education, and support
* Practicing within the guidelines, objectives and policies of the Patient Care Services Department and Hospital and works cooperatively with health care team members to maintain established standards of care
* Developing a comprehensive curriculum for patient education and support on breastfeeding
* Identifying and preparing for distribution culturally and literacy appropriate patient educational materials on breastfeeding
* This position requires providing service to the neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and adult age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Pennsylvania RN license required
* Current Lactation Certification (IBCLC) or IBCLC eligibility required
* Completion of accredited Lactation Education program required
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Education or related field required
* 1+ year recent experience as a lactation consultant or 300 documented hours of breastfeeding counseling required
* Hospital experience preferred
* Experience teaching in a class setting preferred
* Experience in developing programs and clinical standards of care
* Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk, sit and stand for periods of time. Requires manual dexterity for operation of equipment and supplies
* Visual Requirements: Must be able to see charts, read numbers from a distance and read small print and have visual dexterity to work with computers
* Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversation and telephone communications
* Working Conditions: Clinical environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.