RN Manager - Medical Provider Network
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Beverly Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT CEDARS-SINAI
Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is located in Los Angeles, California. Our dedicated professionals bring everything they have to provide the highest quality patient care to the communities they serve in the greater Los Angeles metro area. As an employee within the Cedars-Sinai Medical Network, you can expect the same high-performance standards, culture and collaboration that you would expect from the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
The MPN RN Manager is responsible for the operations of the care management practice and continued growth of Cedars-Sinai Medical Provider Network (CSMPN) by creating and sustaining workflows, mentoring staff and continuous development of the worker's compensation care management process. In addition, and the MPN RN manager will strategically network and market the CS MPN program to the community to better serve the injured employees. The MPN RN Manager will be responsible for expanding the number of contracted specialists available to treat the MPN patient population. The scope of this role is accomplished under the supervision of the Director and/or the Medical Director of the MPN. Also, performs other duties as delegated by the Director or Medical Director of the MPN.
WHY CEDARS SINAI
Exceptionally developed skills, a dedication to excellence and a desire to transcend the ordinary. This is the source of true art. It is also the foundation for the world-class healthcare provided at Cedars-Sinai. If you want to be your best, you owe it to yourself to work with the best. You'll have that opportunity when you work at Cedars-Sinai Medical Network.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Maintain and develop staffing models, training programs, review workloads and processes related to care management of the injured worker.
* Visit existing employer clients, on a regular basis, in order to monitor and maintain client satisfaction.
* Assist in locating new physician providers for MPN.
* In conjunction with MPN Medical Director, explain the MPN process and reporting requirements to new MPN physicians.
* Update and maintain MPN roster. Submit changes to MPN roster, as mandated by the State of California.
* Act as a liaison between TriStar, physicians and Cedars' ancillary departments.
* Strategic networking and marketing to increase customer base
* Keep current on California State Workers' Compensation legislation.
* Attend Safety Committee meetings and/or Risk Management meetings, as needed.
* Facilitate weekly and bi-weekly patient care rounds.
* Facilitate quarterly joint meetings with employee health, risk management, and MPN.
* Conducts audits of staff care management documentation and provide feedback and counseling as necessary.
* Collaborate with the project manager of care management regarding data analysis and presentation.
* Conducts periodic annual appraisals, disciplinary and performance counseling as needed.
* Minimum requirements include BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing
* Current California State RN licensure
* 3-5years of acute nursing experience
* At least five years of previous case management experience in the Workers' Compensation field
* At least two years of continuous supervisory or management experience in the last five years
* Knowledge of Workers' Compensation laws, benefits, ACOEM guidelines, ODG guidelines, AOE/COE, temporary and permanent disability, vocational rehab and understanding of the litigation process
* Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with physicians, patients/families, and ancillary staff; to make sound, independent judgments, and to act professionally under pressure
PREFERRED ACCOMPLISHMENT: Master's degree in nursing, Certified Case Manager (CCM) Professional, utilization review certification, or discharge planning experience and Workers Compensation Claims Certification.